Are you in need of garage door repair but don’t know where to start in terms of choosing the right company for your needs?
While garage door repair companies are a dime a dozen, the professional ones with your best interest in mind can be few and far between.
Nowadays it’s easier than ever to be taken for a ride and overcharged for services that don’t deliver.
The general rule-of-thumb is that if a company appears to be ”too good to be true”, it normally is.
Don’t fall for cheap marketing ploys and do your homework when choosing the right professional for the job with these simple tips.
Simple Steps to Find Quality Garage Door Repair Services
When it comes to finding the best garage door repair company with the expertise you need, here are 3 simple tips to keep in mind:
1. Don’t Settle on the First Quote
This goes for any instance you plan on having your home remodeled or repaired. Try and get as many quotes from different contractors as possible.
By doing so, this gives a rough estimate of what the typical rate is in your area so that you know what a fair rate is.
When assessing the different quotes make sure you are comparing the same services offered by each company.
You may want to double check things like length of warranty, how long they’ve been in business, do they use sub-contractors etc.
Keep in mind that cheap services are generally cheap for a reason – so this is not always the best quote to consider!
2. Do a Quick Background Check of the Company
When selecting the ideal garage door installation company, it’s important to do a little homework on the prospective business.
This is where the internet comes in handy. Make sure you double check the following:
- Their business address – most reputable repair companies will list their physical address online. You can use Google Maps and Google Street View to verify they aren’t a bogus operation.
- Do they have a website? If not, this is your first signal that something is off! Any reliable company in today’s day and age should have a website.
- Do a quick Google search of their name and try and find any online reviews or complaints against their name. Yelp could be your best friend for this.
It’s important to keep in mind that even the best garage door company in your area may have an outdated website. Don’t let this put you off.
But if a company has no web presence or paper trail to track at all, this is a warning sign to look at other options.
3. Look Out for Red Flags
It’s easy to get roped in by flashy advertising and sweet-talking salespeople, but it’s important to take all of this with a big pinch of salt.
When looking for the best garage door repair prices and door repairman, keep these red flags in your mind’s eye:
- Flashy, excessive advertising. This means the company has splashed out on advertising and has to make back their money somehow. This is a red flag that they could overcharge for their services.
- Company name variations. When it comes to marketing, a good business person will know that consistency is key. If a company is using a variation of their business name across their advertising this could mean they are trying to evade something or someone!
- An uneasy gut feeling. Obviously, you cannot always count on a gut feeling to be 100% accurate. But if you have any inkling of unease or mistrust, abort, abort, abort!
At the end of the day, trust your intuition, do your homework, compare quotes and do a quick background check.
This is a fail-safe way to secure a trustworthy, reliable garage door installation company!
Looking for Reliable Garage Door Repair?
At Best Price Garage Door Repair we offer years of unrivaled expertise in the field of garage door maintenance, repair, and installation.
If you’re looking for professionals you can trust in the Salt Lake City area, get in touch with us today for a quote.